Happy (late) Birthday America!
I stopped by Plum yesterday and bought non-dairy baking chips and decided I should make some delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 30 small cookies
After looking up several recipes online, I finally went with the recipe from Oh She Glows.
Here’s what you need:
- 7 tbsp Earth Balance+ 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or 1/2 cup Earth Balance- see note)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (or use white)
- 1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flaxed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
They turned out really good! I think next time I’ll add in some almond milk because the batter seemed not as “together” as it should be. There was also too many “mini” baking chips so I won’t use as much. The only downside to these cookies was that I accidentally poured in a lot of Kosher salt…. I don’t think you could taste them because I frosted the cookies so the excess sugar would overpower any salty aftertaste.