My friend Ashley is having her graduation party today! Since one of my goals this week was to bake a vegan desert, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to accomplish two things at once.
Remember the book I rented from the library… Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World? Well this is where I got the recipe from with a few alterations.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
-makes 12 cupcakes-
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees F and line muffin pan with paper liners
2. Whisk together the almond milk, vinegar and set aside for two minutes. Then add the other wet ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
4. Add in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a couple batches at a time.
5. Stir until the batter is smooth as possible
6. Pour batter into the paper liners. Bake in oven for 18 minutes
Once they cool down.. FROST! I didn’t make my own frosting, I used the kind from a can (still vegan but not health). I’ll do a post on vegan butter cream frosting asap.