Since I’ve been a vegan for almost a week now, I’ve decided to set some blog goals:
- Bake/blog a new Vegan friendly desert once a week. I’m thinking cupcakes for this week….
- More on recipes…blog a new Breakfast recipe each day. (Lunch and Dinner recipes will follow in the future)
- Follow more Vegan/Vegetarian blogs. I stumbled upon a post yesterday by Brittny, who blogged about her favorite spring “vegan treats and eats” and her overall transition from vegetarian to vegan. Her post was inspiring and motivating.
And now for Monday’s Breakfast Recipe…
Flax French Toast
Adapted from VeganMonster
- 2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Flax Meal
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Mix together the milk and flax in a bowl. Microwave for 30-40 seconds and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add in the vanilla and cinnamon and heat frying pan
- Dip both sides of the bread in the mixture and bake on pan.
- Fry until golden color appears.
- Serve with maple syrup, dried fruit, fresh fruit, or granola
Tips: Important to heat the milk and flax or else your french toast will be cold. Also, if your bread is very thick, slice it because the too much milk absorbed will make the toast very soggy.